Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What to do in Helena?

Well Jeremy always usually does the posts cause he says, "It's man scrapbooking" but I thought since I am now a "stay at home mom" and have more time on my hands I would do a post with just a little peek at what me and the kids do during the day.






When we first got here to Helena I got some really good advice from some friends about being a stay at home mom that I am taking to heart.

1.) Be consistent, don't give in when it is something important.
2.) Routines are very important, nap at the same time everyday, eat lunch at the same time, etc.
3.) Get out the pens, coloring books, paints, games, puzzles, books and PLAY PLAY PLAY.

4.)Take some time for yourself...you will be a much better mom

(Thanks Nikki and Lisa)
I gotta say that first week, I was seriously ready to go back to work. 40 hours a week at a new job would be cake. But, with some good advice and a little creativity I really love being a mom. What more could I ask for...we are so blessed as a family and I have a wonderful husband who is giving me this opportunity. I LOVE YOU JER!


We are now proud members of the local Childrens Museum and go to activities two times a week, Crafts on Tuesdays, and story hour on Thursdays. We have also found a local carousel that the kids love (pictures to come) and lots of play structures that have lots of slides.

We did a tour of the local YMCA today and hope to join there soon for swim class, mommy and me tumbling and YOGA for the kids LOL. They have a really great facility here that we are very excited about.

I went to my very first Enrichment class last week and enjoyed some wonderful home made soup and WATCHED everyone else sew lol, but was able to help with some humanitarian hygiene kits. (at least I helped a little) Everyone at the church is super friendly and made me feel at home, it was a blast!

Anyways, I guess I should wrap it up. I just gotta say that even though I do miss friends and family this opportunity has been wonderful and I really am the most luckiest woman alive.

Jer, I hope you know that although I don't say it all the time, I am so very proud of you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me this time with my precious babies. They grow up so fast and I get to see it all! I don't know what I would do without you. You are my rock and I will treasure you always.

I will end with a video of what the kids really think of this strange place that we have traveled too. :)

2 comments:

Grandma Gog said...

Terrific Blog, Tami! It is good to see what you are all doing. Everyone looks healthy and happy. Keep up the pictures. We all love to see them. Just remember that eventhough we may not leave a comment, we are still looking at your pictures and messages. (I am talking about Aunt Neli and Uncle Rocky. They love being in the loop.) Have a great weekend and I will be sure to feed Jer and Andy. I think they will be easy keepers. Love you all.

Natalie said...

Tami, being a stay at home mom could not be harder! It takes so much work. I learned that when I stayed home for the 1st year of Nathan's life. I think it is KEY to have scheduled activites that you do. So I think the children's museum is a awesome opportunity to get out of the house and meet some new friends. I was so glad to hear that you went to your 1st enrichment meeting. I am one of the Enrichment night planning ladies in our ward and it is such a great outlet for some "ME" time and a time to get to know other women who have the same desires in Life. Moving to a new place it scary, but I feel that our move to Boise has brought my family SO much closer together. I loved your video of "WHO LOVES..." Samantha is SO SO CUTE! I just want to squeeze her! Love ya!