Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I SUCK!!!!!!

I would love to say that I'm on top of life, but I think that I got ran over by it.

For all that don't know, I accepted a new job in Helena Montana and we moved the family here. What an experience!!!!!

First things first...once the trailer was loaded up, it was WAY too heavy. Instead of leaving things in Portland, I decided that we would buy bigger better tires and give it a shot. We stopped half way (ha) at Tami's Mom's in Pasco Washington. Tami left at 9:00 am and had both kids and Jake, and the cat in her car. She called me at 2:00 pm that afternoon and I had just barely gotten on the road from the tire store. (geez!!!!).

The truck was overloaded and so I decided that better safe than sorry and I would only go 50 MPH through the gorge and even on the flat's it was just too squirly so only 55 MPH period.
It took forever to get there. I rolled in about 8:00 pm and Tami was fit to be tied.

The cat was giving the "in heat" meow the whole time in the car. Tami told me that if she had passed a humane society, we wouldn't have a cat.
So everyone got a good nights sleep and we hit the road on saturday morning at 8:00 am.

Mapquest said that the trip would take 6:32 minutes from there...Cake walk.
Well....that number is driving the speed limit or more (ha ha)....so after stopping for potty breaks and snack and lunch and snack and dinner and more potty....we finally got here at 9:00 PM saturday night.

The kids were beat, Tami was frusterated and exhausted, I was anxious and stressed out.

There is a huge pass right before town that is a winding road 6% grade, and it's raining, and dark, and the suggested truck speed is 25mph (if that explains anything). I was so scared not to burn up the brakes, I tried to keep it slow, but the trailer and the truck were so heavy that it would try to run on me. I thought I was a pretty good driver, but it was all i could do to get it down that mountain safely. It was the last obstacle to our new life and we tackled it head on...successfully....together as a family.

We called the Bishop of our new ward here in Helena and even though it was late when we got here, there were members waiting here to help us get uploaded. What took me 2 weeks to load, they unloaded in less than an hour. I am so grateful for that, it would have killed me to do it alone. It is just another sign to us that this is where we are supposed to be.

I started work on Monday and Tami started her new life as a stay at home Mommy. I feel so blessed to atleast give her the opportunity to be home with the kids. (it is tough, I will recognize that). She has been a trooper through this whole transition. I have flipped her life upside down and she keeps on coming back for more. (I love my wife so much).


Week one was fairly relaxed, alot of meetings to get ramped up on the new project. I think that we will be successful here as a family.


We took some pics of the House that we are staying in and will take some of the new house as it is being built.

We love you all.






6 comments:

Fowers Family Fun said...

OK DB Jr, I cannot believe You of all people would overpack a trailer... imagine! It was great to hear your story... much better than the half hearted description on the phone! Ha Ha. They photos are great! I haven't seen my neice and nephew since we were in Portland! They are so cute... I wish I could snuggle them! We love you so much and miss you. Thanks for updating your blog! I loved it! Lots of Love, Janelle

O'Hale said...

Not many people would believe you started out as the 'Motorcycle Gang"!!!!
lol!

Grandma Gog said...

Oh, Jer and Tami, what a cute little house. I know it is a big change for you, but you know what they say, "You may not have it all together, but together, you have it all" that is what is important. The babies look so cute, healthy and loved. I look at their eyes and think what precious little people they are. It really makes me want to come right though the computer and cuddle them. It will do this Grandma good to hold and hug them. Thanks for adding to your blog. Kay is the one who told me you had a new post, so I am not the only one at home checking up on you. Shane came by to see us the other day, it was such a joy. We all laughed until tears were running down our faces. I haven't heard anyone refer to you as "Wilma" in a long time. Made me feel 15 years younger. Also made me want a "Snapple" for some reason. Love you all. Enjoy the Jouney...Now. Love mom

Natalie said...

Hey Jer, I was there at Mom's when Shaner came to visit and I too, wanted a Snapple! There are a few visits you'll have to make when you visit because I know alot of people want to meet your kids!!

Natalie said...

When I say..make some visits, I was not thinking of Tattles! Although you may still have some "peeps" there.

HARGITT'S said...

HEY GUYS,

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS MADE IT IN ONE PIECE. I KNOW AFTER TALKING TO TAMI THAT SATURDAY, I WAS SCARED YOU MIGHT HAVE A FEW BUMPS AND BRUISES. HEHE. THE HOUSE IS DOING GOOD, GLAD WE HAVE A PLACE TO STAY TILL IDAHO. THANKS AGAIN

HOPE ALL IS WELL

TAMI- HANG IN THERE, BEFORE YOU KNOW IT THEY WILL BE 14 AND 17....UGH

TIFF AND FAMILY